Father “Scott Walker” shares his story on Facebook to help warn other new parents about a life threatening condition. Read walkers’ statement below
“Walker said his daughter molly was getting worked up one afternoon and then began to overheat, which prompted his wife to remove her socks so she could cool down. That’s when we saw her toe,” Walker wrote in the Thursday, Jan. 21 post. A hair tourniquet, a strand of hair that wraps tightly around a toe— and could potentially cut through the skin and cause circulation problems— had wrapped around Molly’s right toe.”
Father post on facebook
“Luckily for Molly, she has a mother with medical emergency superpowers, [and] who was able to remove the hair with tweezers and a magnifying glass within a few minutes,” he wrote. The photo shows Molly’s second toe slightly swollen and a dark shade of red.
“Unfortunately the hair managed to cut all the way through Molly’s skin, completely around her toe, but it could have been worse had it gone much longer untreated, or if the hair wasn’t accessible,” he wrote. “The doctor told me, for future reference, to always check the toes if the baby is inconsolable. Just an FYI to any parents or care takers out there.”
Molly was born in September. Since then this post has got tons of attention on Facebook.